|On November 1, 1925 the Methodist Social Hall was dedicated. The building cost was approximately $7,800 with subscriptions being started by the gift of $750 from the estate of Lizzie Nicks
The social hall was used for high school plays and for basketball games until the Maple Avenue School was built in 1933. It was later used as a cigar factory, sewing factory, a bowling alley, a sewing factory again, for storage, and now is converted into an educational and social, building for use by the members. The senior center got its start here. The community food pantry began in this building.
Day care was housed here for a time and at present the Head Start program uses this facility. It has been used by several other groups throughout the years.